Monday, July 15, 2013

Shards To A Whole: Chapter 138

McGee-centric character study/romance. Want to start at the beginning? Click here.


Chatper 138: Going Home



Getting ready to go.
"Hey, you ready to head home?" Tim asked as he headed into Abby's lab.

"Yeah. Just got to shut everything down."

"Okay. Want me to help?"

"Sure."

He headed over to her desk computer and began the shut-down routine. "What are you thinking of for dinner?"

"I really want pizza. Like two hours ago a pizza switch turned on in my head and now I just want it!"

"We'll get pizza. Eat out or order some, head home, and eat in our jammies in front of the television?"

"Jammies sounds good." Yeah, she can still wear her usual skirts and pants, but those days are numbered, and those numbers have hit single digits, low single digits, just waiting for the boxes to show up at their door, single digits.

First thing that happens when she gets home now is stripping off, and hopping into something with an elastic waistband, and it's even better if it's Tim's.

He got his phone out. "Usual?"

"Yeah."

He punched their usual order in, checked the clock, and told them to deliver it in an hour. "Okay, only an hour more to wait for pizza."

"Good. I've got all my stuff done."

He turned off her monitor. "Got this one." Then he took her coat off of the hook it lived on, and held it open for her.

Five minutes later they were in her car. He was driving. She was messing with the iPad, looking for a good song. Once she found one she said, "So Jimmy ran into us during our lunch date."

"Yeah, he told me that. And smacked me upside the head for being an idiot."

"Uh huh. And did you tell him to crash my lunch date?"

"Nope."

He's looking pretty innocent, because he honestly didn't ask. But there might be some smirk in his face anyway, because she follows up with, "Okay, did you ask him to crash my lunch date?"

"Didn't do that, either. I said absolutely nothing on the subject to Jimmy. In fact, I didn't see or speak to Jimmy about anything between you making that date and him showing up at my desk and saying, 'Get some coffee with me.'"

"So, what, he was just there?"

"No. Gibbs sent him."

"Why would Gibbs do that?"

"He's got my back. And I did tell him about the lunch date." His hot Fornell/Gibbs/Diane gossip more or less caused both of them to forget to talk about the rest of what happened when he was there.

Abby laughed at that, shaking her head a little. "And did Jimmy report back that everything was fine."

"Yes. He tells me that Sanders is gay."

That takes Abby aback. "Greg? No. Greg's not gay." Abby thought about that for a minute. "He's probably bi, or at least experimented in that direction. Not gay."

"Abby, that's not comforting."

So, what are we watching
with dinner?
"Sorry. Gay. He's really gay. Gayest guy you've ever seen. He's moving in with his partner, Nick Stokes, in the next few weeks and was telling me all about it. They have a June wedding planned."

"That's overkill."

She grinned at him. "What do you want to watch while we eat pizza in our jammies?"

"Supernatural. Season five finale is the next episode and I've been looking forward to it all day."

"Sounds good."

No comments:

Post a Comment