Monday, November 5, 2012

Hunter's Tales Volume One: Billy Price

"What can I say, I'm a sucker for gallant snark in the face of adversity." -Constance Pruitt

Hunter's Tales Volume One: Billy Price is available free on Amazon today. It's a snarky, meta look at all things vampire told by a kick-ass heroine killing her way through the high school dwelling Cullen wannabes.

The back reads:

I hate high school. But you go where the prey is, and that’s where the prey is.

Girls are falling over themselves in the search for a never-ending, mystical love of epic proportions with a vampire. For that I have Stephenie Meyer, Joss Whedon, and whoever wrote the Vampire Diaries to thank. They made the whole vampire thing so cool to the kids.

It makes my job much easier.

So, I get the prey to the point where he thinks I’m easy pickings, that he’s seducing me. We head off to a secluded place, he gives me this lame-ass speech about how I'm almost making his dead heart beat, and when he thinks he’s in charge, I drain him dry and stake his ass.

Yeah, that’s right. I’m a vampire. And I hunt vampires.

And, no, it’s not some sort of angsty, self-hating, saving-humanity crap. I am not now, nor have I ever been, Angel.

I’m in it for the fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment